In February of 2011, I joined my first direct sales company with the goal of it being my full-time business SOMEDAY! I joined companies before mostly for the discounts and there may have been a passing thought about it being more than a hobby but none of them really panned out. I should say, I didn’t work them as all of them are still in business despite my lack of business.
- Cross selling – is recommending related products that complement others that have already been purchased. When I am talking to someone about our products, I ask them general questions and then offer solution sets for them demonstrating how our product can help them. This way you can pay attention to the customer’s specific needs.
- Best value quick sales is offering products/ services that give customers value for their money and quick delivery. I always have a cash and carry display when I am at a vendor show. These are NEW products that I have which I sell at a discount. The basic discount is 25% off because I have already earned my commission during the initial purchase from my company. I also don’t charge tax or shipping on these items since I am just recouping my money for the initial purchase.
- Business referral exchange program – teaming up with other businesses or consultants in your area. At vendor shows, I have to say that other vendors are some of my best sales people. They carry my product and will share tips with customers who see it – referring them back to me for the sales. I am looking for more ways to develop this WITHOUT joining another direct sales company. Still a work in progress for me.
- Personalize appointments is one of product offerings. As a direct seller, we are a party plan company but the truth is some people just want to SHOP! They are not interested in having people to their home and claim that they are not good at it. I have begun offering “a product experience” for those women who want to “try out” our products. I have done a few of these and they have been successful. A no obligation opportunity to see if our products work with their vision for using our products. To date, everyone who has had one of these appointments has purchased the products that they tried.
- Reward your customers – for referrals whether it be for more parties (booking bonuses) or for more customers. I have a VIP Facebook page where I offer contests with product prizes, discounted products that help boost my sales and special events that allow them to bring guests and get more gifts. I also have a Frequent Buyer Program which encourages my customers to continue to buy from me for the discount that they receive after so many purchases.