Happy Monday! For those in direct sales, we hear all the time about the basics (book, sell, recruit) in order to grow our business. As a Thirty One consultant, we have received ALOT of training and continual reinforcement of the 2 – 10 – 1 model which simply means 2 parties a month with 10 guests at each party and 1 recruit per catalog season. The PERFECT formula for a consistent business. Booking and selling are a no-brainer, with recruiting just happening or at least that has been my experience. I have talked about recruiting several times before but this week I want to share some things I have learned recently on building a team, getting them involved AND keeping them involved. No, there is no magic wand but hopefully you will learn a few tips along the way.
Let’s begin with sharing the opportunity. A guest blogger for JulieAnn Jones, Hope Groves who is also a recognized leader with Thirty One has these tips on Who, Where, Why and How to Share Your Opportunity. Here are some tips:
1. WHO? What if your sponsor never shared the opportunity? What if they pre-judged you? GUILTY. Many times, I have hesitated sharing the opportunity with people for FEAR that I was too pushy or I pre-judged them. I forget that I need to plant the seed with EVERYONE because this may not be the right time but we never know what the future will bring or what path God has for them.
2. WHERE? Everywhere and anywhere! I must admit, I carry “opportunity bags” with me daily. The truth is, I only share them once in awhile. Sometimes when I am sharing the opportunity, I forget that I have them in my bag. That is because I am not confident with sharing the opportunity and don’t want to be perceived as pushy. An work associate ask me “what is the deal when someone recruits?” She shared that a neighbor was ‘hounding’ her to become a consultant and she was getting annoyed. I too mentioned to her about being a Thirty one consultant BUT I listened to her reasons why now was not a good time. Each time I see and talk with her, I plant another seed. It may grow OR she may continue to be a good customer that turns into a repeat hostess. Offer everyone, all the time by planting seeds.
3. WHY? I love this saying ““You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” ~Zig Ziglar. This is why I need to remember NEVER pre-judge ANYONE. Share your why with them and let them know how it has changed YOUR life. There may be something in your story that she can relate to and will want to see how this business can change their lives.
4. HOW? LISTEN!!! Deb Bixler’s 10-second rule comes in handy. The information flow should be them sharing with YOU not you overwhelming them with information. I love learning about people, then Fearful Fran stops by and I worry how they will perceive me. UGH! Am I the only one? Here are some questions that will help you to create a vision for them:
- What do you love about your life right now?
- What are the three most important things in your life right now?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
- How would changing that one thing affect your life?
- What if she is still apprehensive? One last question:
- What is holding you back?
So, who is ready to GROW them business by building a team? Share your best tips for recruiting. I would love to hear how you have overcome your challenges to sharing the opportunity.
Want to know more about how Thirty One has changed my life? Contact me via email, phone or facebook.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!