Looking for inspiration this morning, I found a blog from my daughter, Belinda Heldreth. …
Inspiration can come form anywhere. Tonight as I was scrolling through social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Pintrest, I came across this post by one of my Alpha Chi Omega sisters about 50 in 500. It’s the idea of completing 50 items of a bucket list in 500 days. That approximately takes us to a few months before I graduate from the University of New England with my MSW (hint – I graduate in May 2015). I thought about it and I started to think “I could do it, too”. Anyone can really. So, tonight as I continue to sit on the couch, listen to Christmas movies playing in the background, and avoid working on my proposal for my class final – I will write the 50 things I want to accomplish in the nest 500 days. I also thought that it would be a way to keep me inspired. I feel everyone at times losses inspiration and motivation. Inspiration surrounds me everyday, but we always need a little reminder now and than. Lastly (before posting my list), but not definitely not least, the other inspiration to start a blog back up is my mother Hope Wissel, who continues to help others, inspire others, and do the impossible. It’s also because of her that I continue to realize that nothing is consistent but change. Enjoy!
Now, that she has her list of 50 in 500, I am going to make mine (we even share some of the same things):
- Inspire someone else to make a list
- Pay off debt
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen for the holidays
- Stop using credit cards
- Reach goal weight
- Visit my sister in Florida.
- Plan to attend my daughter’s graduation
- Offer the gift of Thirty One to 50 NEW people
- Spend at least 1 day a month with my mom
- Have a spa day
- Visit my daughter in North Carolina
- Become more active in church… again
- Learn to crochet
- Get a new tattoo (maybe just a small one)
- Become more comfortable within
- Start an exercise program… and keep doing it.
- Vacation to California
- Attend Thirty One’s National Conference in Ohio
- Take hubby to Maine for a vacation
- Go to a concert
- Increase my Thirty One business by 25%
- Clean out the garage… maybe this will motivate me
- Go on a hike
- Make time to walk the lake with hubby
- See a Broadway show
- Continue to write my blog.
- Spend at least 1 day a month with my dad
- Visit Lancaster
- Adopt a child in need
- Read an entire book …no judgement
- Make and maintain my office hours (allows me to walk away from the computer)
- Be able to give up part-time job at WaWa
- Plan or go on a cruise
- Get a new camera and work on photography skills
- Volunteer with senior citizens or kids – not sure but really want to volunteer some place
- Go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
- Have at least 4 Thirty One parties per month
- Paint the living room and dining room
- Clean the house thoroughly at least once a month (don’t judge me, LOL)
- Do a monthly random act of kindness
- Go on a Missions trip
- Take hubby to Las Vegas
- Be on the Ellen show (preferably the 12 days of Christmas but any day is good)
- Go on a retreat (Thirty One, ETTM, Women of Faith – I am not fussy)
- Go to the movies
- Plan, have and pay for a date night with hubby
- See a dinner show with hubby.
- Visit NYC
- Have a makeover – fashion, hair, makeup – the whole works.
- Be an inspiration to someone
Thank you, Belinda. This is harder than I thought it would be….You can mark at least one thing off your list – now that I have made mine. How about making a list of your own, what would it include? Share some of those things with us, who knows what the results could be. Write it, post it and re-visit so see how far you have come.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
2 thoughts on “50 in 500”
We can check off some ideas together when I visit! (;