“I’d be Happy if….” Have you every said or even thought these words? Have you started a sentence with “when I am…., I will be happy”? I have to be honest and say YES! As I struggled with losing weight, my favorite line was “I’ll be happy when I reach goal weight”. When I sometimes struggle with my business, I say “I’ll be happy to make my minimum goal”. OH NO!!!
Let me tell you that this is just the opening that Satan is looking for. The thief [Satan] comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I [Jesus] have come that they might have life, and might have it abundantly (John 10:10, NASB). It is those words that draw us deeper and deeper into his deceitful trap of unhappiness, doubt, and fear.
I’d be happy if… takes our focus off all of the blessings that we already have and those that God wants to give us if we just open the door to trust in him. So, today let’s list what we are thankful for this week. I will start…
I am thankful this week for:
- A relationship with God that gives me comfort when I struggle
- A loving husband who supports me no matter what
- A loving family who accepts me for who I am along with all of my faults
- Feeling a little bit better and learning how to manage my IBS
- Not re-injurying my back during the mini storm last Monday
- A business that allows me the flexibility to make my own schedule
- A supportive network (ETTM) of fellow solo-preneurs and network marketers
- A full March calendar that allows me to share Thirty One with friends and family
- Only nudging the scale up (1 lb) a little this week. Yes, I would love a loss but as I change my eating habits there will be some changes in my weight. Building a bridge and getting over it!
- Receiving an unexpected refund check when the checkbook was getting a little low
I could go on and on because I am BLESSED by in so many ways. When doubt and fear start to creep or Negative Nellie or Doubtful Debbie try to pay a visit – I take a gratitude walk. I STOP and start listing all of the things that I am grateful at that MOMENT – no matter how large or small. For me, that closes the door on the negative thoughts and helps me to focus on the positive things in my life.
What is your “I’d be happy if” statement? Let’s change it from a negative to a positive…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
1 thought on “I’d Be Happy If…”