Happy Monday! I am ready to ROCK AND ROLL today. Refreshed and ready to put all that I learned into action.. okay, so maybe not everything at once but I will get there – one small step at a time.
SUCCESS – what does it mean to you? Success is defined in several ways:
- the favourable outcome of something attempted
- the attainment of wealth, fame, etc
- any outcome
I really like this definition because it lets you definite SUCCESS for yourself. Of course, I found an article that gives you a few ways to see if YOU are going to be a success….
1. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT & YOU BELIEVE IT’S YOURS FOR THE TAKING…Okay, so I know what I want but I need to work on the “believe” part.
2. YOU TRUST THAT THINGS WILL WORK OUT. I got this one because I truly believe that things will work out. I may screw things up but I know in the end, God will prevail and his plan will come to be.
3. YOU DON’T LET OTHERS BRING YOU DOWN. This doesn’t always work for me…I try really hard to stay strong and not let anyone stop me!
4. YOU’RE TENACIOUS BEYOND BELIEF. I don’t know if I would call myself tenacious but I never give. I may want to quit but I think about my team and I can’t let a little bump in the road end what I have worked so hard to accomplish. So I will be my tenacious, brilliant self and I’ll pull through.
5. YOU WORK FROM THE HEART. YUP, I wear my heart on my sleeve. Not sure this is a good thing or not. But according to this article: If you work from the heart, doing something that you love and being your true authentic self, then not only will you succeed, you’ll have way more fun and enjoy the journey more. Life is way better when you put your heart and soul into it.
6. YOU’RE NOT AFRAID TO FAIL. Yes, I afraid to fail but I am learning to step out of my comfort zone to take a chance. I am willing to put myself out there even if I fall on my face.
7. YOU’RE PREPARED TO BECOME THE PERSON YOU NEED TO BE TO SUCCEED.
Succeeding takes hard work, determination, focus, effort, discipline. If you’ve made the commitment to yourself to be the person you need to be in order to succeed, then you are well on your way. Getting rid of the bad habits and replacing then with good ones, like being organised, staying focused on what you need to do, putting in the effort to make it happen, disciplining yourself to do whatever it takes – this is what will set you apart. Ask yourself every day, “what kind of person do I need to be today in order to succeed?” and then become that person. Always make sure kind, authentic and honest are in the mix 🙂
So, how many of these do you have? I am a work in progress, always changing and growing. For that reason, I know that I will succeed!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
4 thoughts on “SUCCESS”
Which one’s am I? This is hard, I have been at an impass for SO long now over so many things, Work and feeling like I have no purpose with my career expect get a pay check. I want to do something that means more to me, but I don’t know what that is yet.
1. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT & YOU BELIEVE IT’S YOURS FOR THE TAKING… I don’t know what I want yet. I want to make money but I want to be Happy!
2. YOU TRUST THAT THINGS WILL WORK OUT. Some days I do, some I just a nervous Nellie and I cant get past the worry.
3. YOU DON’T LET OTHERS BRING YOU DOWN. This I dont know, I am not one to care what others say about me.
4. YOU’RE TENACIOUS BEYOND BELIEF. I have been told I am.
5. YOU WORK FROM THE HEART. When I am passionate about something I am.
6. YOU’RE NOT AFRAID TO FAIL. Most times I am not – some days, TERRIFIED!
7. YOU’RE PREPARED TO BECOME THE PERSON YOU NEED TO BE TO SUCCEED. I think I need to find who I am and what i really want to be, and then once I do I know I will succeed at what I do. I really hate to fail.
Thank you for sharing. You are an AMAZING mom and wife that not only works full-time but has her own business. Step 1 – Commit on paper what you want – the emotional, spiritual and material things. Remember you are AWESOME!