I can’t believe that we are half way through the month of December. Is it just me or once Thanksgiving passes does it seem like time flies to the New Year? I have been working on getting organized with the help of “Your Organized Guide“. I get an email every day with tips on how to get organized. Okay, so some of them I have read and filed thinking – I will get to that one later. Or better yet, I don’t need to work on that – it doesn’t apply to me.
BAM! Then I get one called “the lies we tell ourselves”. I never really thought about it but here is some of the lies, see which ones you tell:
- I’ll remember (the appointment, time, address, verbal commitment)
- Someone will see how good I am and will choose me
- I don’t know how (this is the one where I often get stuck)
- I’ll get back to that later
- I don’t have time
- They won’t notice if I don’t… (fulfill my promise, arrive on time, etc.)
- I’ll catch up later
- I can’t unplug – I’ll miss out on something (the next thing, etc.)
- I could never do that
- It’s easier to do it myself
- I can have it all, know it all, keep it all, eat it all, do it all
Well, I can admit (or am willing to admit) to #1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 8, 10 and maybe even #11. WOW! It was a reality check for me. I never thought that these lies have roots in fear and lack of, grasping and struggle or just letting ourselves off the hook (you know the Victim thing). How about you? Did you find at least one on that list that is you?
Does this really have something to do with being organized, focused, and successful? Believe it or not, it does.
As we gather up our power (personal power, will power, Big Powerful Vision for our businesses and lives), we can get shit done. Seriously.
Until then, we’re passive instead of active. Timid instead of bold. Afraid instead of powerful.
So, for the next few days, I am going to see if I can catch myself in a lie to myself. Then I am going to PAUSE, hit the RESET button and shine some truth instead. My goal is to be more focused, grounded and organized.
Who is ready to join me?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
#gettingorganized, #focused, #successful