What happened to 2014? It seems like yesterday, we were welcoming in 2014 and now is it time for 2015. Tell me that I am not the only one that scrolls through my Facebook posts to see what happened this year. They say the memory is the first to go. LOL!
Over the past few years, I have chosen a word as the theme for the year. This year it was EMBRACE. I am not sure that I was very good at embracing things for most of the year but as 2014 comes to a close – I am EMBRACING all the changes that took place this year, mostly with me over the last 2 months.
This year had many great memories – kicking off the New Year in NY with Belinda and Ashley then a trip to the Macy’s Day Thanksgiving parade with the girls. A trip to North Carolina where we got to see behind the scenes at the Circus courtesy of a WCU graduate. Thirty One’s National Conference where my first Director walked the stage. I met some of my goals in my Thirty One business. I would have to say, the addition of a life coach has been one of the BEST things that I did this year. The internal transformations will show in a kick butt year personally and in my business in 2015.
What do I want to accomplish next year (2015)?
- Get back to goal weight (a mere 10 pounds to lose)
- Recruit at least 4 new Thirty One team members to the Rays of H.O.P.E team
- Earn the Leadership Trip for two! (a Belinda & me trip since hubby as no desire to go)
- Help 1 of my Thirty One team members to promote
- A trip to Maine for Belinda’s graduation as she gets her Master’s
- A trip to North Carolina
- Two trips to Ohio – first for a Director’s retreat and then for National Conference
- Pay off more credit card debt
- Do monthly acts of kindness – fundraising or gifting
I know you are all thinking – resolutions don’t work, right? These are not resolutions but accomplishments for the year. Some are things that are already on the calendar while others are things that I will work towards during the year. What do you want to accomplish next year?
The second question is probably more important than the first:
How will you get there?
- Continue to track my food and attend my Weight Watcher meetings – faithfully!
- Share the gift of Thirty One with EVERYONE. Embracing the re-ignited passion for my business.
- Continue to use Dave Ramsey’s debt snowball to pay off my credit card debt. Remember to NOT use any credit cards despite the “want”
- Continue to give back to the community helping others
- Continue working with my life coach/ counselor to shed the bags that have kept me stuck personally and professionally.
I know that these are not specific action steps but they are the list that I will refer back to every month to make sure that I am on the right path towards achieving my goals. S.M.A.R.T. goals in my life are not effective nor are resolutions. The enthusiasm that I have when first made dies after the first month or so when I fall short. This year’s “achievement” list allows me to make mistakes and fall short but also encourages me to get back on track with each new day (or month).
So, what do you want to accomplish in 2015 and how are you going to do it?
Best wishes for a safe, healthy and Happy New Year’s Eve.
#embrace #daveramsey #thirtyone #accomplishments #goals #