This party idea is courtesy of Melanie Moore, and Melissa Feitsam.
Do your parties need a boost? Do they seem dull and boring? Are you struggling with Hostess Coaching? How about adding some more excitement just 24 hours prior to the party? Here is what you do:
Call your hostess 24 hours before the party. You say, “I need you to call everyone and tell them they need to bring a candy bar. Doesn’t matter what kind, but they HAVE to bring one. And there’s a prize involved that they don’t want to miss!”. You can even send a text picture with this information that she could send a reminder RIGHT BEFORE the party the next day!
So, besides re-confirming the party; you are creating some excitement. This will get your hostess to call her guests to reconfirm that they will be coming to the party. You get everyone thinking about the party and NOW they want to be there. Of course, chocolate will spark some interest because who can resist a reason to buy their favorite chocolate bar.
After the guests arrive, give points for their chocolate bar as follows:
- Milk chocolate – 1 Point
- Dark chocolate – 5 points
- White chocolate – 10 points
- Without nuts = 1 point
- With nuts = 5 points
- With caramel = 10 points
- In aluminum wrapper = 5 points
- If you bought it before tonight = 10 points
- If you bought it on the way here = -5 points
- If you forgot yours & borrowed this one from the hostess/friend = -10 points
- If it is a mini bar = 1 point
- If it is a regular size bar = 5 points
- If it is a king size bar = 10 points
Bonus points can be given for a tie AND it is also a way to plant booking or recruiting seeds:
- 5 points = if you arrived on time tonight
- 15 points = Say sweetly that you want to host your own sweet party with me in the next 30 days
- 20 points – Ask me sweetly for a quick “no-risk”, it’s just paper info pack on our business opportunity
- 25 points = share your best “chocoholic shuffle” days moves right now!
Time for a Winner:
1) Collect all of the chocolate bars from the guests
2) Add up your point totals on your sheet, the person with the highest score wins ALL of the chocolate bars that night (provide a nice gift bag to hold them all in!)
3) Everyone glares at the winner and wishes her acne breakouts and 10 pound weight gain from all of the chocolate!
This is a fun way to kick off your party – I mean everyone LOVES chocolate, right? The most important part is that your hostess is connecting with the guests about the party. If they can’t make it, she is reminding them to order online. If they were on the fence about coming, this may be the deciding factor for them.
Now, you can change this up by having guests bring canned food to donate to the local food pantry or old purses to donate to Dress for Success. The possibilities are endless – use your imagination and have fun.
Hostess coaching is the key to successful parties! Whose ready to try “Death by Chocolate”?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!