Today is Thankful Thursday. I know that the rest of the social media world thinks of it as “Throwback Thursday” but today I want to be “thankful”.
I am thankful for:
- A parents that love me unconditionally
- Being a child of divorce
- A family that supported me despite my faults and bad decisions
- Mistakes that I made in high school that changed my life
- Mistakes that I made in college that shaped my future
- The variety of jobs as I looked for me
- The friends who have come for a season and those who have stayed
- My addiction
- My lack of confidence
- My struggle with weight
- My love of writing
- My passion for helping others
- My overprotective and loving hubby
- My rocky walk with God
- My lack of faith and trust
- the good, the bad and the ugly parts of my life
My life has not been perfect, but today, I am viewing it through the lens of thankfulness. For it is those things that have helped to shape me. It is those imperfections that have helped me to become the woman that I am today. Some days those same things take me on a dark journey to negativity and today is NOT one of them.
TODAY, I am thankful for the struggles because without them I would not be able to make a difference in the life of someone else. I would not be able to be compassionate. I would not have the desire to make others smile.
TODAY, I am thankful for a loving God who not only has forgiven me for my mistakes but continues to guide me. I have faith and trust that with Him, all things are possible.
So, what are you thankful for today? Share with us and let’s celebrate our imperfections together.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!