Today’s recipe is courtesy of The Baking Chocola Tess.
Do you like Apple Fritters? I don’t mean the kind that you find in WaWa or any other store bakery. Have you ever had an apple fritter baked into a fluffy, buttery, white cake loaf with chunks of apples and layers of brown sugar and cinnamon swirled inside and on top? I mean the moist, delicious and full of home-made goodness from the heart – just like home kind!
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
2 apples, peeled and chopped (any kind), mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- (depending on thickness of glaze wanted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apple mixture, then half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apple mixture, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Take these tasty treats to your next party tray them up and put them in the pack a party thermal. They can be warm out of the oven or just room temperature. It is also the perfect size for keeping pizza hot for postgame gatherings. One product with many uses. You can also fit cupcakes, sheet cakes or even veggie and fruit trays for your next family gathering. Approx. 4″H x 16 1/2″L x 16 1/2″D
So who is ready to make some apple fritter bread? Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!