When was the last time you had a lazy Sunday afternoon? You know the kind where everything is done and you are not quite sure what to do with yourself. If you are a mom, you are thinking, “REALLY? This never happens”. Okay, so maybe you are feeling like the ONLY things you do anymore are the things you have to do…. run the kids, cook meals, grocery shop, go to work and the list goes on, right? Maybe you are just bored with your life, going through the motions. I can attest to the fact that I have been there!
Did you put all of those things on the back burner? Wouldn’t it be GREAT to have just ONE fun thing every month that is just for YOU. I would say more often but that might scare you away. You can include the rest of the family too but this would be something that brings you pure happiness.
Here 5 ideas that could be a lot of fun and leave you feeling ready to conquer the next hurdle.
1. Host a Potluck Party: No, this should not cause you more stress. Friends are not coming to see your how clean your house is, they are coming to enjoy your company. Invite only people you love who make you laugh and you know will leave you with a warm glow at the end of the night.
2. Take a drive with no set destination: Pick a timeframe, pack appropriately, take a friend if you’d like, and do it the old-fashioned way – see where the road takes you. Make plenty of stops along the way, talk to people, and just be spontaneous! This brings back so many memories of Sunday drives with my parents. Just heading out for the day, no plan just a picnic packed and maybe a general direction. I am sure they picked a general area, got us there and then we wondered the roads stopping at little shops & enjoyed the sights. We like to do this when we are in North Carolina ’cause Jersey is just too crowded anymore.
3. Pick up your old hobby. What was it? Do you even remember? Painting, drawing, music, playing chess, or underwater basket-weaving, it doesn’t matter. Just do something you used to love. I would have gone back to playing the piano but alas no piano. So, I went back to crafting angels.
4. Help Out. There’s truly nothing like the feeling of helping someone in need. Whether you choose to volunteer, give some change to a homeless person, or donate your used items to charity, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that what you do gives you that glow inside. This is a great way to get the whole family to #shareyourgifts.
5. Watch Mother Nature ‘Cause she’s awesome. Start paying attention to everything – the clouds in the sky, the change of seasons, the flower, the moon and the ocean waves. I have really started to appreciate the beauty of the sky while I am driving. It is also a great stress reliever when you are sitting at a red light.
If you’re bored with life, it’s a sign that you need to do something different. Start today! Share with us what you are going to do today!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!