Happy Monday! I am so excited because TOMORROW I will be picking up Belinda and Ashley at the airport. They will be spending Christmas with us – a whole 6 days!
As the holiday week kicks off, we are grateful for a short work week and many of us are looking forward to spending time with family. Then there are others who are stressed out trying to be PERFECT or to have the PERFECT holiday. Here are some facts that you should remember courtesy of Austin Blood:
1. Everyone has rolls when they bend over.
2. When someone tells you that you’re beautiful, believe them. They aren’t lying.
3. Sometimes we all wake up with breath that could kill a goat.
4. For every woman unhappy with her stretch marks is another woman who wishes she had them.
5. You should DEFINITELY have more confidence. And if you saw yourself the way that others see you, you would.
6. Don’t look for a man to save you. Be able to save yourself.
7. It’s okay to not love every part of your body…but you should.
8. We all have that one friend who seems to have it all together. That woman with the seemingly perfect life. Well, you might be that woman to someone else.
9. You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort, or a backup plan.
10. You’re a woman. And that alone makes you pretty damn remarkable.
I know you are probably wondering what drew me to this list, right? STOP for a minute and think about each one of these as it relates to you. In the craziness of life, how many times have one of these inner gremlins creeped in to steal your JOY?
I could identify with a few of these and I am blessed to have a tribe of women who remind me on a regular basis to CELEBRATE who I am today. If you don’t have someone to remind you how awesome you are – let me be that person.
Don’t worry if there aren’t a lot of presents under the tree – it is truly the thought the counts. It is the love behind the gift that really matters.
Don’t worry if the cookies are burnt or the meal is not fancy. Be grateful that you were able to cook a meal and had someone to share it with.
In a world filled with death and destruction, CELEBRATE who you are and treasure the moments. We each have our own talents that need to be shared with others. From a smile across the room to a “thank you” to someone holding the door. From an offering of a cup of coffee to someone in need or a random act of kindness. You can ENCOURAGE others.
If no one has told you today, let me be the one who says – YOU ARE
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!