Saturday for many mean a day off. If you can call shuttling kids to activities, errands, sporting events or cleaning a day off. For those in direct sales during the busiest time of the year, it means working your business – parties and/or vendor events or maybe both.
So, how do you capitalize on this time of year? The best way is to provide your customers with the BEST customer service they have ever received from any business or business owner. You want your customers to remember you. Here are some tips from Party Plan Divas to help you become remarkable:
1. Stay in contact with your customers on a regular basis. Don’t just rely on your company’s newsletter or Social Media outlet. Pick up the phone and make Customer Care Calls for special events (holiday, new catalog, etc) The more often you are in front of your customers – the more often they think of you.
2. Give Customers more than they expect. There is no such thing as “too much” customer service. Send “Thank you” notes for no reason other than to say thanks. Offer discounts at random times throughout the year. Send free gifts with large purchases with no notice. The more people feel appreciated, the more likely they are to not only do business with you but send referrals your way as well.
3. Resolve complaints and conflicts quickly. We want everyone to be happy with our products but the truth is sometimes problems arise – shipping delays, back orders, products malfunctioning, etc. Show your customers you really care by taking care of their problems quickly. Good Customer Service does not have a price tag. Never avoid a phone call or email. Personally take care of the problem as best as you possibly can.
4. Make it easy for your customers to find you. Offer as many contact methods as possible, so when a customer reaches out, she feels like she will be able to get to you. Email, cell phone, social media, etc are all great contact methods. Make your contact methods easy to remember by using a universal business name as often as possible. (i.e. www.partywithHope.com, HopeWs31@gmail.com, facebook.com/Hope Heldreth-Wissel, Hope Wissel, HopeWissel.com)
5. Strong relationships is the basis of a strong business. The more your customers like you, the more they will do business with you and encourage their friends to do the same. Interact daily on social media. Send birthday and anniversary cards. Create special Customer Appreciation events. Your customers will feel important when they are included in these kinds of special events.
6. Always be polite. You must always be very aware the things you say – both out loud and on social media – can never be taken back. THINK before saying or posting anything. Take a minute and ask yourself “if this was the very first thing a potential customer saw, would she want to do business with me?” Make sure everything you put out into the universe is becoming of a direct sales professional. Use the words “you’re welcome”, “thank you”, “please” etc often. Be calm and polite even when they are upset.
What is your best tip for building strong business relationships with your customers? Share them with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!