The best ever recipe for buttery spritz cookies with festive variations, perfect for a Christmas party dessert. The cookie season is upon us so here is an old time favorite recipes…
PREP TIME: 45 MIN TOTAL TIME: 1:10 COOKIES: 60
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I’m going to try almond flour)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients except flour in bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed. Prepare dough as directed by variations below, if desired. (If dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate, 30-45 minutes.)
- Place dough into cookie press fitted with template. Form desired shapes, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Here are some variations:
Chocolate Chip Spritz: Add 1/4 cup coarsely grated semi-sweet chocolate.
Eggnog-Glazed Spritz: Add 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Glaze: Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, softened, 2 tablespoons water and 1/4 teaspoon rum extract in bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
Lebkuchen Spice Spritz: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Glaze: Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
Mint Kisses: Add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract. Immediately after removing cookies from oven place 1 chocolate candy kiss on each cookie.
NUTRITION FACTS (1 COOKIE) Calories: 50 Cholesterol: 10mg Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 1g Fat: 3g Sodium: 50mg Dietary Fiber: 0g
What is your favorite cookie to make this holiday season? Share it with us
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!