Today’s YUMMY recipe is from Damn Delicious
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
This is a great healthy, cheesy comfort food without any of the guilt!
1 cup quinoa
1 head broccoli, cut into florets and finely chopped
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/3 cup Panko* (eliminating for gluten free)
3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups 2% milk (substituting Almond Milk)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Within the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli on top and steam until cooked through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Panko and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in quinoa, broccoli, chicken, 1 cup cheese and Greek yogurt; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with Panko, if desired.
Taking this yummy dish to share with friends…. be sure to grab a Thirty One Perfect Party Set before they are all gone. This thermal will keep foods hot or cold and can hold up to TWO 9 x 13 pans. This product is on our Fall Retirement List and you never know whether or not it will be back… it makes a great gift too because you can personalize it. Should have gotten mine personalized since I showed up at a holiday party with my goodies in mine only to find another person with the exact same print and product. Memo to self: make sure customers know they can personalize this product!
Let us know if you try it and what you think? Have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Send it to me….