I don’t like cold weather since I am always cold BUT I do love the Fall. WHY? Because I can snuggle inside baking and cooking. I used to do it a lot when Belinda was little BUT I do enjoy it especially for the holidays. I was going through the recipes trying to decide what to make for Thanksgiving – I get to bring dessert.
I came across this recipe from Blond Cook. A quick and easy dessert. I mean who wouldn’t want an awesome dessert in less than 30 minutes. The best part is it can be made Weight Watcher friendly with just a minor change or two. I am also trying to figure out how to make it gluten free so if you have any suggestions, I would love them!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes. COOK TIME: 12 minutes. Serves: 8
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls or low fat
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices or fried canned apples
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter. Set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle.
- Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes,
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving
Easy, right??? Having company or heading to a family gathering? Make a double batch so everyone has some to take home. Worried how you will carry them to the gathering? Why not do it in style with Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set
Not only can you carry these awesome Apple Pie Bites but you can also bring a second dish in a fun, fashionable thermal. YES, this thermal will hold up to TWO 9×13 pans in one water resistant tote. It has two handles with a handle grip. Did I mention it can be personalized so no one walks off with it and if they do, everyone will know it is yours!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
“Giving of myself so others smile”