Today’s recipe is direct from my Weight Watcher’s Facebook group. It sounded yummy so I wanted to share….
Prep: 45 minutes Cook: 1:30 minutes Serves: 8
6 Smartpoints per serving ( 1 serving = 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 pound(s) uncooked trimmed top round steak, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium uncooked onions , chopped
- 3 medium uncooked potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked rutabaga, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked carrots, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley – chopped or 2 tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp salt
- In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, brown meat in oil in 2 batches. Set aside.
- Saute onions in same pan until soft.
- Return meat to pan along with remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, covered, 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
This is a great tailgating meal…Okay so it may not be in a crock pot BUT it doesn’t mean you can’t put it in one. The best way to transport your crock pot or food to a tailgating party is in a Thirty One Market Thermal! The Fresh Market Thermal is a stylish, portable thermal large enough to hold two 9″x13″ casserole dishes (and a crock pot). A must-have for family picnics, tailgating, trips to the beach, days on the boat, potlucks, grocery shopping or weekend camping. Its water-resistant Leak Lock thermal lining means you can add ice to this cooler bag to keep food and drinks cold. Need more room? The sides unsnap and expand to give you more space inside. Long handles allow you to carry it over your shoulder when you need to be hands-free. The Fresh Market Thermal also features a zipper closure for securing contents and an exterior front pocket to hold other important items.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!