Thank you Hungry Girl for this yummy recipe….. I usually do sausage and peppers on the stove top butI figured I would give this a try. I’m cooking lots more meals right now since hubby is off work for 2 weeks. Trying new versions of old things so I have yummy dinners with some leftover to freeze for when he goes back to work.
1/2 of recipe (about 1 3/4 cups): 299 calories, 14g total fat (3g sat fat), 648mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 7.5g sugars, 17g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 8*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. (about 2 links) fully cooked chicken sausage with 8g fat or less per 3-oz. serving (like the kinds by Al Fresco), sliced into coins
- 6 oz. (about 3) baby red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dash ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine all ingredients and seasonings in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread mixture onto the center of the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip/rearrange mixture on the baking sheet. Bake until veggies have softened and potatoes are tender and lightly browned, 10 – 12 minutes.
Be sure to pack your leftovers for lunch the next day in Thirty One’s Around the Clock Thermal. This is one of our most versatile totes. It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go! The best part is they are on SALE right now for just $15 with a $35 purchase. Be sure to check out all of the Sale-a-bration items too with new things released every Thursday.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!