Tasty Tuesday is brought to you by Epicure….
February is the month of love and the month of chocolate! Who LOVES chocolate? Epicure’s February Good Food Rewind has two fabulous options for you to enjoy! We are using one of them for this recipe.
Chocolate Velvet Cheesecake – Rich, smooth, creamy & chocolatey cheesecake. Made with organic cocoa & cane sugar. Ultra-rich, creamy & decadent. Make with yogurt & cream cheese. Make bite-size using our Perfect Petites.
Belgian Chocolate – Back for a limited-time only, this exquisite treat can be added to baking or made into a luxurious sauce. Pure chocolate pleasure. Add to your baking or melt & make chocolate bark with a lined Sheet Pan. Store in cool, dry environment.
Let’s get started….
Time: 30 min Servings: 60 petites Cost: $0.29/serving
1 1⁄3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs or gluten free cookie crumbs
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 bricks (8 oz/250 g each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Arrange one oven rack in centre of oven; another on the lowest level. Place Perfect Petites on Sheet Pan. Fill a small oven-proof dish with hot water and place on lowest rack. Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In bowl, combine crumbs with melted butter; press 1 tsp into each section of Perfect Petites. Set remaining mixture aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with cheesecake mix until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add yogurt and beat until smooth.
- Spoon half the filling over crusts. Bake 18–20 min.
- Let cool in pan, then pop out of mold.
- Repeat steps with remaining crust and filling for a second batch.
- If making ahead, freeze in a single layer on sheet pan; wrap individually and freeze up to 1 month.
Per serving (1 petite): Calories 80, Fat 4.5 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 70 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fiber 0 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 1 g.
Place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to promote even baking and to reduce cracking.
Of course, you can chose to do the traditional chocolate cheesecake 🙂 Will your Valentine or Galentine be getting some chocolate this year? If you try this recipe let us know what you think. If you share a recipe AND I publish it, I will send you a thank you gift.
Have an Epic Day!