- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 4 4-oz. (125 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon Mustard Rub
- 1 small onion
- 1 pkg (8 oz./250 g) cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 1 pint (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb./450 g) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) white wine or chicken broth
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Heat the oil in the 12″ (30-cm) Stainless Steel Nonstick Skillet over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes.
- Season both sides of the chicken with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub. Place the chicken in the pan and sear for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and sear for 1 additional minute. Remove the chicken from the pan (it will not be fully cooked).
- Meanwhile, cut the onion in half lengthwise, from root to top. Slice the onion and mushrooms using the Simple Slicer on the #3 setting. Cut the tomatoes in half using the Close & Cut and the Coated Chef’s Knife. Cut the asparagus into 1″ (2.5-cm) pieces.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press, and salt to the pan. Saute for 2–3 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to release the fond (see cook’s tip).
- Add the wine, lemon juiced with the Citrus Press, and remaining rub. Simmer, uncovered, for 3–5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes and asparagus to the pan and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top of the mixture and bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 420 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 18 g
Fond is what’s left in the pan after you sear food—but it’s not just something to scrub away! It’s packed with flavor, and all you have to do to incorporate it into your recipe is deglaze the pan. Add a little wine, broth, or other liquid and stir to get more flavorful food.
A great side for this recipe is Lightened up Mashed Potatoes. To make them, quarter 1½ lbs (700 g) of red potatoes and place them in the Rockcrok®Everyday Pan. Cover the potatoes and microwave them on HIGH for 12-14 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Mash the potatoes with either the Mix ‘N Chunk or Mix ‘N Masher. Press one clove of garlic using the Garlic Press and add it to the potatoes. Finally, add ½ cup (375 mL) of either unsweetened almond milk or your preferred milk, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to mash the potatoes until they reach your desired consistency.
Want more recipes to help you change up boring dinners? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!