Thank you Moscato Mom for today’s recipe….
I LOVE pizza. I used to create pizza with english muffins, tortillas, pits bread and of course the little frozen ones were always a staple in the house. When I couldn’t decide what to have for dinner, salad and a mini pizza worked. THEN I was told to go gluten free, and dairy free. To say the least, I was not a happy camper.
Frozen gluten free, dairy free pizzas are nasty! I found if I stuck with gluten free and just a little bit of cheese (real mozzarella) I felt okay. Then I was hit with the high points for gluten free products which did not mesh well with my Weight Watcher program. What was a girl to do?
I trust Moscato Mom and love many of her recipes so I am ready to try this one….
She says “This dish is not just amazing the day you make it – but we made enough to take for lunch the next day and I swear it was even better reheated. Now I keep pretty much all of the ingredients on hand for any time that pizza mood strikes… which is often.”
4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups Rao’s Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with about a tablespoon of salt, and toss.
- Let sit 10 minutes, then squeeze out moisture by dumping the zucchini into a kitchen towel or clean t-shirt, pulling up the ends and squeezing out all of the moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs in a large bowl.
- Press the zucchini mixture into two 9x9in pans (or two pie dishes or a 13x9in baking dish).
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef as you cook it.
- Drain the fat from the pan and stir in the spaghetti sauce and spoon the mixture over the zucchini crust.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes longer.
Now for those leftovers…. My FAVORITE Thirty One lunch tote.
For those who know me or have been to one of my parties, I am all about multi uses for our bags. So, the Going Places Thermal is so much more than just a lunch bag…The leak lock lining keeps things dry when you head to those water parks.
Who would have ever thought a thermal could be used for so many things? The cross body strap makes it so much easy to carry for those moments when you need to be hands free.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!