Did you know in 3 seconds people decide whether they want to continue a relationship with you or not? I have heard this many times but I guess I always thought it had more to do with my 30-second “commercial” than how I looked. Well, to say the least during a 31 minute training call this week, I had another AHA moment.
- Always where solid colors to a party or event. You certainly don’t want to clash with your products. As a Thirty One consultant, we have lots of prints to show so this makes sense but I also understand now why I see so many direct sales consultants in solid colors when they are highlighting their products.
- Be genuine, gracious and acknowledge others. To me, this is a no-brainer for we Celebrate, Encourage and Reward our customers and hostesses. This also is a great way to use Dana Wilde’s 10-second rule.
- Little details make up the big picture. Pay attention to the little details that your customers or potential customers share with you. When I am at an event or party, I even make notes on the order forms so I can remember something about the customer. I tend to have
- Dress to showcase the best you. Leave the tennis shoes at home. Stay away from clothes that are too tight or too big. Instead of jeans and a tee why not khakis and a tee.
- If you saw you, what would you think? Are you an all together girl? Or are you a hot mess? When I think of an all-together person, there is a women at Weight Watchers who always looks FIRST CLASS. Color coordinated, hair done, makeup, jewelry, etc. and she is just weighing in. I always tell her that I aspire to be that together.
- You only have 3 seconds to make it or break it. You are what you wear even BEFORE you have a chance to give your 30-second commercial.