Do you have left over baked potatoes? Do you have potatoes that have been in the cabinet/bin a little too long? Check out this YUMMY chunky cream soup from Patti Watson of Pampered Chef.
- 4 medium baked potatoes
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Remove skins from baked potatoes. In Classic Batter Bowl, coarsely mash potatoes with Nylon Masher.
- In (4-qt.) Casserole, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; crumble and set aside. Discard all but 1/2 teaspoon drippings in pan.
- Meanwhile, chop celery with Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions with Utility Knife. Add chicken broth, milk, mashed potatoes, celery, onions, garlic, salt and black pepper to drippings in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and reserved bacon. Ladle soup into 4 bowls using Nylon Ladle. Shred 2 tablespoons cheese over each serving using Rotary Grater.
Makes: 4 servings of 1 3/4 cups
Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Fat 15 g, Sodium 970 mg, Dietary Fiber 2 g
Fresh garlic adds a wonderful flavor to many recipes. Our Garlic Press is a real time-saving tool because you never need to peel the garlic cloves before pressing.
Make-Ahead: Make this recipe with planned-over baked potatoes. Just bake extra potatoes for a weekend meal and you’ll be ready to make this soup on a weeknight. If you don’t have leftover baked potatoes, scrub and prick potatoes with the Hold ‘N Slice® then bake in 400°F oven 1 hour or microwave on HIGH 11-13 minutes until fork-tender. Cool slightly before using.
Want more recipes to help you change up boring dinners? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn freeand discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!