This YUMMy recipe is from MoscatoMom. This delicious and filling Chicken Tortilla Soup is ready in just 30 minutes but tastes like it has been cooking all day! Perfect for cold nights this winter!
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
1 cup carrot matchsticks
1 small bell pepper diced
1 cup mild salsa
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon – Roasted Chicken Flavor
4 cups water
5 corn tortillas cut in to strips
1 package liquid fajita seasoning
1 rotisserie chicken
- In a large pot begin by sauteeing carrots and bell pepper in olive oil until soft.
- Add in salsa, Better Than Bouillon and water and bring to a boil.
- Add in liquid fajita seasoning and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- While that boils, cut tortillas into strips and shred chicken.
- Add tortillas to soup and stir until tortillas begin to dissolve.
- Add in shredded chicken and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with your favorites – sour cream, avocado, and cheese!
This is a great tailgating meal…Okay so it may not be in a crock pot BUT it doesn’t mean you can’t put it in one. The best way to transport your crock pot or food to a tailgating party is in a Thirty One Market Thermal! The Fresh Market Thermal is a stylish, portable thermal large enough to hold two 9″x13″ casserole dishes (and a crock pot). A must-have for family picnics, tailgating, trips to the beach, days on the boat, potlucks, grocery shopping or weekend camping. Its water-resistant Leak Lock thermal lining means you can add ice to this cooler bag to keep food and drinks cold. Need more room? The sides unsnap and expand to give you more space inside. Long handles allow you to carry it over your shoulder when you need to be hands-free. The Fresh Market Thermal also features a zipper closure for securing contents and an exterior front pocket to hold other important items.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!