I’m not sure where I found this YUMMy recipe but it is a great way to clear out the fridge of the leftover veggies BEFORE they go bad. You will be surprised how good it tastes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Yields: 4 servings
- All the leftover veggies in your fridge
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 large yams, slices into 1/8-inch-thick sheets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop veggies (not yams) and sauté in 2 teaspoons of oil until soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Slice yams into thin sheets.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish and layer the bottom with half of the yams.
- Spoon out vegetable mixture and spread evenly on top of yams.
- Layer remaining yams on top of vegetables and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Take off the cover and turn up temperature to 450 degrees for 10 minutes to crisp up the top later.
- Add your favorite spices, like basil, oregano, fennel, cumin, chili pepper or sea salt when adding tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Try Wicked Good Spice Mixes Tuscan Bistro for a yummy italian mixture.
- Use a mandolin to slice the yams into even slices.
This is a great yummy dish for tailgating or an upcoming holiday gathering. On Weight Watchers, this is point friendly. Thirty One offers the perfect way to carry this yummy casserole to the next gathering with the Perfect Party Set. The Set expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!