Monday morning…did you wake up stressed about the work day ahead of you? Are you dreading what you have to do? Keep reading, this is not a sales pitch for my AMAZING job – unless of course you are interested.
Did you know that 80% of the workers in the US are stressed at work? That is the stats presented by the 2014 Work Stress Survey conducted by Nielsen on behalf of Everest College.
According to the American Psychological Association the most commonly reported sources of stress are:
- Money (64 percent report that this is a very or somewhat significant source of stress)
- Work (60 percent)
- The economy (49 percent)
- Family responsibilities (47 percent)
- Personal health concerns (46 percent)
Sound like you? Did you know that the solution lies within your subconscious mind. According to author Brian Tracy:
Your subconscious mind cannot distinguish between what is real and what is imagined. It’s in control of at least 95 percent of your day.
WOW! That was a wake up call for me. So, the theory is if you flip things and focus on all of the good things that are going to happen, many of them will.
As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.
So, here is his 5 steps to a better day in 5 minute that will help you to program your subconscious mind and set you up for success each day.
1. When you first wake up, sit down for five minutes with a pen and a piece of paper. That is all you will need. Don’t open up your laptop and definitely don’t check your email or anything on your phone.
2. Say the following words out loud: “Today is going to be the best day ever!” Say it in private if you need to, but just say it. The purpose of this is to pass a command from your conscious mind to your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind wants to believe what you tell it (good or bad) and it will do whatever it takes to turn those commands into reality.
3. Take out your pen and paper and write down those same exact words at the top of the page: “Today is going to be the best day ever!” One of the rules the subconscious mind follows is that the beliefs it holds grow stronger with repetition.
4. Take your pen and paper and start to write out how your day is going to unfold. Be as specific as possible, and be completely positive. Envision everything’s working out in the best possible way and feel good about whatever is in store (no matter what it is). The more that you feel it and believe it, the more you are helping to make it a reality.
5. Finish writing out your day and then write two simple words at the bottom of the page and say them out loud: “Thank you!” It doesn’t matter what your beliefs are or whom you are actually saying thanks to–just write it down and say it. And then think about all of the amazing opportunities that you have in your life and all of the great things that you are going to get to experience today.
Trust the process and have fun.
So, what do you think? When I focus on the positive, positive things happen. Okay, in my head I always see the BEST scenario. No, it doesn’t always happen that way. I mean would we really want our life to be able to be perfectly predictable? The difference is that now, I have a positive outlook as I start my day. I don’t do all of these steps but I do start with thinking that the day is going to be GREAT!
If this simple, five-minute practice could drastically change your attitude and allow you to create the best day ever, every single day of your life – would you do it? Let’s hear from YOU!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful Monday!