Today’s recipe is an “old” tried and true Weight Watcher recipe. I have made it many times AND love it reheated. It is actually one of hubby’s favorites too.
Prep time: 7 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes Serves: 4
7 PointsPlus Value
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes
- 15 1/4 oz canned yellow corn, drained
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder (Or substitute Pigs Can Fly seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (eliminate if you use ^^ seasoning)
- 1/4 cup(s) dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, onion flakes, and pepper; stir well.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil; cook, stirring frequently, until chili is thick and flavors are concentrated, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Yields about 1 1/4 cups chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.
I LOVE using spice mixes from Wicked Good Spice Mixes Company. The combination of spices is perfect and I only have to have a few things in the cabinet instead of a zillion bottles of spices only I only once or twice. Pigs Can Fly is made for all things pork…but not too shabby on chicken or beef! Makes mouth watering chops, lip-smacking ribs and scrumptious roasts! Ingredients: cumin, hot chili powder, allspice, brown sugar, black pepper, kosher salt. Be sure to add a little at a time so you don’t set your mouth on fire! LOL.
My all time favorite thermal anymore is the Around the Clock Thermal. I have been using this one lately for my craft/vendor shows. I can hold LOTS of snacks and bottles of water to last me for the whole day. It is one of Thirty One’s most versatile totes, the Around The Clock Thermal is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go!