I don’t know about you but breakfast is the toughest meal for me. I am up early and can get down a cup of coffee but anything else before like 10AM, well, it just doesn’t happen. I have heard it all – need to eat within an hour of getting up to start your metabolism, breakfast is brain food.. blah, blah, blah. So, if you are like me, these speedy b-fast recipe packed full of protein may be the answer you are looking for. Thank you Hungry Girl for some more yummy recipes.
Mixed-Veggie Soyrizo Scramble.
I LOVE soy chorizo for many reasons, from its great flavor to it has way less fat than the real deal. This tasty recipe is an incredible way to enjoy the mighty meatless protein!
Entire recipe: 207 calories, 5g fat, 764mg sodium, 12g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugars, 26g protein — PointsPlus® value 5* MAKES 1 SERVING
1 1/2 oz. (about 2 1/2 tbsp.) soy chorizo (like the kind by El Burrito or Tofurky)
1/2 cup frozen petite mixed vegetables
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
Optional toppings: salsa, fat-free sour cream
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and crumble soy chorizo until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove cooked chorizo and set aside. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Cook and stir frozen vegetables until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg substitute and scramble with veggies until cooked, 2 – 3 minutes. Add cooked chorizo, and cook and stir until hot, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle with cilantro, and eat up!
Cheesy Veggie B-fast Sandwich
This hearty breakfast sandwich features a veggie-packed egg patty (made in the microwave!) that’s topped with melty Swiss cheese. Make it SOON… Headed to work? This is great to make ahead and then microwave when you get to work!
Entire recipe: 228 calories, 4g fat, 764mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 22g protein — PointsPlus® value 5* MAKES 1 SERVING
1/2 cup chopped spinach leaves
1 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun (like Arnold Sandwich Thins)
1 slice 2% milk Swiss cheese
- Spray a medium microwave-safe bowl with nonstick spray. (The bottom of the bowl should be about the size of the sandwich bun.) Microwave spinach and onion for 1 minute, or until spinach has wilted. Blot away excess moisture.
- Add egg substitute and stir well. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Gently stir, and microwave for 1 more minute.
- Place the bottom half of the bun on a microwave-safe plate. Top with egg patty, followed by cheese. Top with the other half of the bun.
- Microwave for 20 seconds, or until cheese has melted. Eat up!
What is your favorite quick breakfast? Share it with us. Have a recipe you want to share? We would love to hear your family favorites.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!