Thank you Tracey Bartolomey and Tastefully Simple for today’s recipe…
Nothing beats a hot breakfast. But if, like me, you’re not a morning person, the opportunity for a few more zzzzs usually trumps getting up a little earlier to cook. In my world, “hot breakfast” = toast. Once in a while, though, there’s an occasion special enough for me to make the first meal of the day something more than a quick grab ‘n go.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake according to package directions using water and butter. Allow to cool fully and cut into roughly 1-inch cubes.
- In a greased 8×8 baking dish, layer ¾ of cake cubes, cream cheese cubes, blueberries and remaining cake cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, cinnamon and vanilla; pour mixture evenly over baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove cover and continue baking 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; cut into slices and serve with maple or fruit syrup and whipped cream, if desired.
Tips & Hints
- Prefer a slightly more traditional French toast recipe? Try using Bountiful Beer Bread® cubes instead of pound cake. This Overnight French Toast Bake is a sweet and savory option.
- Try using Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix to add a light, citrus flavor.
- Sprinkle toasted almond slices over the top before baking to add a nutty crunch.
- Double-duty it as dessert! Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Visit Tracey’s Tastefully Simple Facebook Group for more tips, hints and recipes.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!