Thank you Jen from @The Haute Mommy Handbook for today’s recipe….You know those days when you want to curl up with something chocolatey but don’t want the same old thing you usually turn to? How about combining the deliciousness of pie with the fun of s’mores?
This recipe does both, and the longest part of it involves waiting for it in the oven–and for it to cool down already!
Whipped cream is totally optional, but why wouldn’t you use it? It’s whipped cream.
Enjoy making–and more importantly, eating–this s’mores brownie pie! All the fun of camping with no chance of hungry bears!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until incorporated. Press into 9″ pie plate until evenly spread. Bake for 10 minutes at 350° F.
- For the brownie pie, combine brownie mix with egg, oil, and water, stirring until smooth.
- When crust is ready, scoop brownie mixture into it. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until knife inserted at 2″ comes out clean.
- Allow pie to cool for about 30 minutes. Decorate with whipped cream (if desired) and top with marshmallows.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
Taking your lunch or just want to pack this YUMMY pie as a snack…. Try Thirty One’s Going Places Thermal. It is actually part of the Outlet Sale happening NOW through January 17th. The Going Places Thermal has a spacious compartment for lunch or snacks as well as a water-resistant thermal lining. The crossbody strap is ideal for taking snacks on the go for long walks, hikes, or any time when you just need your hands to be free to carry other items. A zip-around closure keeps contents sealed and protected, while an interior mesh pocket and exterior flat pocket provide extra storage spaces for other items like cell phones or keys. Holds up to 10 lbs.! This is ONE of my favorite thermals..
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!