Monday morning and you are ready to start your week, right?
The house is either a mess because the weekend was so crazy with activities that you didn’t get time to anything but a load of laundry. OR the house is spotless because you had time to clean but you know that now that the week has started, it will quickly be a mess again.
Which one can you relate to? I have to admit, I think I did better keeping up with the housework when I was crazy busy working full-time. Now that I work from home, I seem to do the bare minimum. CRAZY, right?
The best way to combat the battle of the chores is to do a little bit every day so that when the weekend (or your days off) come, you can actually enjoy them! I love these tips:
Daily Bedroom Tasks
- Before making the bed each morning spritz the linens with linen spray. You’ll thank yourself as you crawl into bed that night. Try some lavender or a scent that is relaxing which will help you sleep at night too!
- Keep a dust rag in the drawer of your bedside table and give your nightstand a quick wipe as you grab your phone from the charger.
- Keep a bag in your closet so when you try on items of clothing that just don’t work anymore, you can drop them in the bag. When the bag is full, make a stop at your local charity shop and donate them.
- Buy and use a laundry hamper. Dirty clothing strewn across the floor makes no one happy! Carry the contents downstairs to the laundry room every other day to keep things from getting out of control.
Daily Kitchen Tasks
- Always, always clean as you go when you cook. When you’re done using a bowl, rinse it and place it in the dishwasher. We only use our dishwasher occasionally, so I wash up and place things in the dish drainer to dry. By the time dinner is done, the prep items are dry and can be put away before I start washing dinner dishes.
- Each night after the dinner dishes are done, wipe down the countertops, wipe out the sink, and sweep the floor.
- Keep a chalkboard or notepad next to your keys with reminders of when to stock up on kitchen cleaning supplies.
Daily Bathroom Tasks
- Keep the shower clean by spraying shower cleaner each morning after you get out (assuming you’re the last to shower!).
- Put everything back in it’s place when you’ve finished getting ready for the day, and try to keep your countertops clear of makeup clutter.
- Keep a stash of countertop wipes under your bathroom sink and wipe down all surfaces after you’ve finished getting ready in the morning.
Daily Laundry Tasks
- An option: designate two days each week to take care of any laundry that needs attention. Find what works for you and stick to it. This really is the best way to avoid a mountain of laundry!
- If laundry is a constant problem in your house, try starting at least one load each morning before breakfast and set a reminder to start the dryer right when you get home from work.
- Keep a trash can in the laundry room for lint and any other debris that comes out of pockets.
- Keep a stack of extra laundry baskets in the laundry room to easily transport clean laundry.
- During the summer months, always be sure to wipe down the seal around the washing machine and leave the door open when not in use. This will help to prevent mildew from growing.
Thank you HelloGlow for these great tips! Share your best tip for staying on top of the household chores…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!