- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups (750 mL) uncooked mezze penne pasta
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine such as Chardonnay
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼/50 mL cup packed)
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced grilled chicken breasts
- oil for spritzing
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
- Spray Deep Covered Baker with olive oil using the Kitchen Spritzer. Add garlic sliced with Garlic Slicer and tomatoes. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4–5 minutes. Add pasta, broth, wine, salt, and black pepper.
- Return baker to microwave; cover and microwave on HIGH 10–12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring after 5 minutes. Meanwhile, use the Herb Mill to grate basil, reserving 2 tbsp for garnish. Grate the cheese with the Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater.
- Carefully remove the baker from the microwave and remove the lid, lifting it away from you. Add the basil, cheese, and chicken to baker; mix well. Garnish with reserved 2 tbsp basil, additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 8 servings of about 1 cup, excluding optional ingredients
Nutrients per serving:
Nutrients per serving (about 1 cup, excluding optional ingredient): Calories 240, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 2 g
Additional chicken broth can be substituted for the wine, if desired.
To make this recipe in the Mini Deep Covered Baker, simply divide the ingredients in half and reduce the cook time by 1–2 minutes
Want more recipes to help you change up the boring chicken dinner? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 chicken recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!