It’s Monday morning…. which one are you this morning?
I really do enjoy Monday morning. I look forward to the day because #1 I get to spend two days with my hubby and #2 I look at it as a new beginning.
I get that not every is a morning person and if I suggest that you can become one, you would probably throw something at the computer, right? The truth is that a few simple changes to your routine can help you to be so much more productive during the day.
1. Get enough sleep – Enough sleep is different for everyone. For a LONG time, 4 or 5 hours was enough for me. Now, I feel the most productive when I get at 7 hours. To be more productive in the morning, once you know how many hours of sleep is ideal for you – figure out when you need to go to sleep. I LOVE getting up early and being in my office by 6AM so I found going to bed at 10PM works for me. I can get up at 5AM after 7 hours of sleep. Does that happen every day? NO! But I try to make sure it happens 80% of the time. Remember the 80/20 rule? With the additional hours of sleep, you’ll wake up feeling fresh and happy. Simple enough, right?
2. Write down a to-do list – Think about all the things you have to do the night before and write them down. In the morning, you’ll know what you have to do, and organizing your time will be way easier.
3. Be motivated – Find a reason to get up in the morning. For example, you might want to wake up early to fit in a morning workout, or to have some extra time to cook a healthy breakfast. I get up early to squeeze in some quiet time to write and work on my business.
4. Take your time – Don’t rush! Give yourself plenty of time. Nothing is worse than running out of time and not being able to do everything on your to-do list. Give yourself time to wake up, get ready, drink your coffee and prepare for the day ahead.
5. Have a playlist – Start your morning with some music. This will help you wake up in a good mood, and make you more motivated throughout the day. I love singing out (often off key) to some of my favorite songs
What do you do in the morning to help you be more productive? Exercise? Meditate? Share YOUR best tip with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!