This recipe is courtesy of Moscato Mom. Be sure to check out her blog for lots of great information.
I LOVE stuffed peppers. My grandmother always made them and despite using her recipe, they never seem to quite come out the same. I have been looking for a recipe and stumbled across this one….
8 large bell peppers
2 rotisserie chickens
1 can red enchilada sauce – mild
1 can black beans
1 can niblet corn
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
sour cream and/or guacamole (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Remove and shred meat from chickens into a skillet on medium heat.
- Add in sauce, corn, and black beans.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir until well combined.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds and ribs.
- Gently spoon chicken mixture into peppers and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 15-20 minutes or until peppers have softened and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and or guacamole.
I love the fact this recipe makes enough for leftovers for lunch (or dinner for hubby). Need a thermal to carry your lunch to work in? My favorite is the Going Places Thermal.Snacking on the go? This stylish bag with an adjustable strap does double duty as a thermal and crossbody to make it easiest to pack lunch or treats for every family outing, play date or sporting event. Dimensions: 8″H x 9″L x 5.5″D
Here is a secret….. SHHH!!! ALL Thirty One thermals will be on sale in the month of June. Spend $35 and get any thermal at 50% off.
If you try the recipe, let us know what you think? If you have a recipe you want to share, please let me know.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!