This recipe is courtesy of Damn Delicious. I love that it is cost-effective and HEALTHY (well, basically). There is no MSG, has a bunch of protein, vegetables and amazing flavor. This makes a ton of food, so this is an awesome recipe to make on Sunday for meal prep for the week – great for lunches, a side for dinner or even a nighttime snack.
3 cups of cooked quinoa
3 eggs cooked
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 white onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and grated (or chopped)
1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
4 tablespoons of soy sauce (There are sodium & gluten free options)
2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add eggs and fry 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Let cool, then dice into small pieces.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onions have become transparent (4-5 min).
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook and stir consistently until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Add soy sauce and stir to combine. Continue cooking and stirring constantly until heated throughout (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in green onions and diced eggs.
Serve immediately and drizzle with Sriracha for a spicy kick! Let me know what you think.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!