On this Tasty Tuesday, I want to wish my AMAZING daughter Belinda a “happy birthday”.
Thank you Alene Brennan for today’s recipe…
I know we had a summer relapse last week with temps near 90 but I think the fall weather is finally going to settle in OR at least I hope it does.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Yields: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 winter squash, seeded, peeled, chopped (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, delcata)
- Veggie or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions become translucent.
- In a pot place squash and fill with stock until just covered.
- Add curry powder, cumin, onion and garlic.
- Boil until squash becomes tender and remove pot from heat.
- With an immersion blender purée squash until smooth. (I prefer mine chunky)
Notes: Add chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and/or toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish.