I love finding simply solutions to those messes in our home which make us crazy. Pinterest is full of them. Of course, I get lost in the never ending black hole of liking and saving posts. Yes, I will dream of doing some of them when the truth is, it will never happen most of the time. What about you? Have your tried some of the AWESOME things on Pinterest only to have an epic fail?
Here are some tips I HAVE tried…….
- Wet gloves or Mittens creating a mess? Why not put up a retractable clothes line in your utility room or your mudroom wall or in the bathroom. Have some clothes pins handy for hanging them up. Put it down low enough so the kids can hang wet mittens and gloves to dry overnight.
- Do you find coins in the washer? Does your hubby leave change all over the table or dresser? Get rid of those tiny piles of coins by saving in style. Get a designer piggy bank to keep it wherever you’d like to dump your change. OR use a Thirty One Zipper Pouch
- Edit your hangers. Wire hangers make me crazy. They bend easily so we are an all plastic house. Pick a style which works best for you – wire, plastic or wood and unify the hangers in every closet. If you use plastic, how about a different color for each person in the house. Makes putting clothes away so much easier.
- Use pillboxes to stash your earrings and rings when traveling. Pick them up at the dollar store. Another alternative is Thirty One’s Shine On Jewelry Case.
- Use a wall-mounted broom and mop holder, or tie ribbon loops on the end of poles and hang them from hooks in your closet, garage or utility closet.
- Make a party kit. Do you have items you just use for parties or holidays? Are they taking up valuable space in your cabinets? Do you spend endless hours searching for things when you are ready to party? Stash napkins, extra glassware and plates, votive candles and holders, extra vases, cocktail picks and other necessities in an old wine crate or a ThirtyOne Deluxe Utility Tote. You can pull it out pre-party or pre-holiday entertaining so you don’t waste valuable cupboard space or time.
- Are medical records becoming overwhelming? Use a binder to store all medical records and information for everyone in your family, including each pet. Use dividers for each family member and include plastic pouches or expandable pockets to contain receipts and tiny record cards.
- Stash awkward, easy-to-misplace necessities (extra hairbrushes, lint roller) in decorative reusable tote bags. Hang them off a doorknob in every room. Try Thirty One’s Hanging Traveler’s Case.
- Store photos in archival-quality, acid-free boxes until you have time to organize them in albums.
- Place your shredder where you intercept daily mail. If that’s the kitchen, so be it. This is one way to eliminate piles of “to be shredded”
- Put a small plastic caddy, like Thirty One’s Swap it Pocket, in your gym bag so you can manage hair care and skincare products without dropping anything.
- Stop losing lock combinations and computer passwords once and for all. Jot everyone’s codes and combinations down in a notebook and store it in your family’s fireproof lockbox.
- Always keep one cute, foldable shopping tote in each of your heavy-rotation purses so you’re never caught without. Try Thirty One’s Essential Storage Tote…
- Get a gift-wrap organizer and stock up on a year’s worth of wrap and ribbons, or ready-to-fill bags and tissue. Try Thirty One’s Stand Tall Bin to keep role of wrap organized. Guess what? It is on sale in April for just $15 with a $35 purchase.
Finally, plan a closet cleanout once per season. Less mess makes staying organized a lot easier.
What is YOUR favorite simply solution to everyday mess? Share your tips with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!