Today is Thirty One‘s Spring Premiere for consultants. For those in direct sales, you know the introduction of NEWNESS creates a lot of excitement. You are eager to share the catalog with friends, family and customers. You want everyone to be excited so YOU can fill your calendar. This would be AWESOME, if the catalog started in the next few weeks. What happens if you get a sneak peak in December and the catalog doesn’t start until February 1st?
As a hobbyist, I was one of those people who wrote off the rest of December and January; eagerly sharing the new catalog with everyone. I didn’t have a plan on how to get through December and January. I would just push for the Spring. I mean who doesn’t want to think about warm sunny trips when the temps are dropping every day? My customers had seen the same catalog for the last several months and they were ready for something fresh. What was the result? Not only were sales down BUT my paycheck took a nose dive. Could I have expected anything more?
The last two years as a result be being a part of an AMAZING upline team with Thirty One, catalog changes take on a whole new meaning for me (and my team). Now, I put a Damage Control Campaign in place. These two months are crucial because they are part of the numbers for the Leadership Incentive Trip I am working towards for hubby and I.
We are in the busiest selling season of the year, so make the most of it. Your direct sales company may have a cut-off to ensure delivery in time for Christmas BUT don’t close up shop once it has passed. Does Macy’s close their doors after the holiday blitz? What happens over the next six weeks will effect your business in three months. Do you want to be sitting with an empty calendar in February or March? I know I don’t. It’s crucial to set GOALS and have a plan. This way we can kick off an AMAZING Spring Summer season.
Here are some of the tips:
- Use Customer Care Card or Door Prize Slips to secure bookings and leads at events.
- Use Hostess Stacking and booking games at parties.
- Use games to keep the party fun and help to fill your calendar. To keep your business growing, your goal should be at least 2 bookings from every party or event.
- Build strong relationships with customers and hostesses. Communication before, during and after the party is the key that builds trust and begins building a solid relationship.
- Think outside the box of a home party in December or January. Take your party on the go. Couldn’t we all use a break after the holiday madness? What about a Facebook Live party or a ZOOM party?
- Knowing what is available, and what is coming in the following month helps to build consistency. It encourages conversations with potential hostesses. It allows you to have one on one conversations, making them feel special because you are providing them with a sneak peek of the upcoming hostess and customer specials.
- We all want to keep our January booked and busy even though our customers are going to want to get their hands on the new Spring catalog. Offer a fun enticing way to get them to book in January. Give your hostesses the opportunity to get a sneak peek of the new spring catalog at their party in January.
- January is a great month to offer last chance opportunities for the current catalog. Last chance/ first glance parties. These give your customers a chance to purchase retiring product as well as get a glimpse of the NEW items. Encourage your hostesses or customers to plan parties or purchase early in the month, as items begin to sell out closer to the end of the month.
So, what is YOUR best tip for keeping your calendar full during a catalog change? Share your tips with us.
Have ThirtyOne-derful day!