Today’s recipe is from Sarah Kay Hoffman. Be sure to check out her blog…
I LOVE pumpkin anything. I have acquired a taste for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frap with coconut milk and no whip (okay, so I splurge once in awhile).
This Pumpkin Pie Pudding is the perfect blend of gut-healing goodness and fall-flavored inspiration. It is gluten, dairy, soy, corn and nut free. It’s also more of a JELLO than a pudding, but it’s also kind of a cross-over of JELLO meets pudding.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 2 hours
1.5 cups full fat coconut milk, divided
½ cup organic canned pumpkin
1.5 tbsp gelatin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Place ¾ cup milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Bring the other ¾ cup milk to an (almost) boil on the stove in a small pan.
- Teaspoon by teaspoon mix the gelatin into the hot water.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the rest of the ingredients.
- Using either an immersion blender (I love THIS one) or hand mixer, mix together all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until hardened.
- Serve as-is or to give a boost of sweetness, make my homemade, non-dairy whip cream.
If you try it, let us know what you think……
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!