Anyone who knows me knows I’m ALWAYS cold. I love the heat of the summer BUT I do love the change in seasons. Fall with the beautiful colors and the crisp air. Is it crazy I am a hot weather girl but LOVE to wear sweaters. Don’t try to figure it out. LOL. I gave up a long time ago…
Too hot for sweaters, too cold for spaghetti straps. What’s a fashionista to do? I’ am by no means a fashionista so I am glad I was able to grab some tips from Thirty One‘s top fashionistas….
When the calendar says fall but the weather report hasn’t quite caught up, dressing for the season can be a challenge. There are some simple swaps and creative styling, which can make your summer staples work well into autumn!
Try these seven tips and tricks to transition your wardrobe as we head into fall:
1. Start with simple swaps. Begin your summer-to-fall transition by packing away your flip-flops (OH NO!!!) and bringing out the suede booties (staple in my closet) , or trading an airy cardigan for a structured blazer at work. Add a breathable scarf to any outfit for another signal fall is on its way.
2. Do a style switch-up. Trade your summery Studio Thirty-One flaps and straps for a neutral color palette to take you from August to September and beyond. Ikat Bazaar, Twill Stripe and Dotted Geo Pebble are some of our picks.
3. Maximize your maxi. You live in them all summer – so why not stretch maxi dress season? Top your dress with a jean jacket (they go with EVERYTHING!) or flowy cardigan, or try a long-sleeved tee under your dress for more coverage. Have you tried a tee under your dress? What’s the best one? I can’t seem to get that look to work for me…
4. Throw out the color rules. Bright shades like our Fields of Gold Pebble or pastels like Rose Blush Pebble have their place in fall, too! Pair Fields of Gold with navy or turquoise tones and wear Rose Blush with olive tones for a look that transcends season.
5. Play with coverage. When there’s a slight chill in the air, re-purpose your summer staples. Wear a longer knit tee under your favorite crop top, rock a wrap dress over jeans, and break out the tights (or leggings) to keep your summer skirts in the rotation.
6. Carry your bag into fall. Was our Statement Canvas Shopper your go-to bag this season? No need to leave it at the beach! Neutral materials like canvas, rope and twills can transition your tote seamlessly from your summer getaway bag to your everyday fall tote.
7. Add some edge. Stay warm, look cool! Cut the sweetness of summer sundresses and rompers with a military-style cargo jacket in taupe or olive, or a cropped moto jacket. This look can be easily dressed up or down with your accessories – think chunky jewelry or sneakers vs. heels.
8. Style your home. It’s not quite time to break out the pumpkins and leaves, but you can subtly show the change of seasons with something as simple as our Statement Canvas Pillows. We especially love our succulent-themed print designs!
What is your best tip or trick for transitioning from summer to fall? I hold onto my flip flops as long as possible BUT my tootsies do get cold quick. Share your tips with us…