This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg free, soy free and peanut/nut free AND it still tastes good! The rich glaze really dresses up the pork chop, and the unique flavors give it a not-another-pork recipe zip and zest
The best part is that it’s quite easy and quick too, so that’s my favorite kind of fancy–fancy without all the fuss.
Thank you Tracey Bartolomey of pawTree for sharing this recipe with us.
PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 15 mins SERVES: 4
1 and ½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon pepper
4 boneless pork chops
olive oil for coating pan
another 1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced (or ½ teaspoon if jarred)
1 teaspoon ginger powder
½ cup chicken broth
⅔ cup apricot preserves* see note
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil.
- While the pan is heating, combine the salt, garlic, onion and pepper. Lightly dip one side of the pork chops in the mixture.
- When pan is hot, place the pork, spice side down, in the hot pan. Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture on the top of the pork chops. Cook the pork for 3ish minutes and then flip and cook an additional 3ish minutes (until both sides are nicely browned). Remove the pork from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat and add the additional 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for about 30 seconds while stirring. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Use a spatula to scrape up the delicious browned bits from the bottom of the pan and continue to simmer for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the preserves. Bring the sauce to a simmer and return the pork to the pan.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve over rice or quinoa and spoon the sauce from the pan over each piece of pork–don’t let that stuff go to waste! Use every precious drop.
NOTE: Apricot preserves in the jam/jelly section of the grocery store may be hard to find. When it is, apricot-pineapple preserves work just as well! The original recipe is from Allergy Awesomeness
Never heard of pawTree? PawTree 🐾 is a Pet Solution company for your everyday needs. From food Allergies, to environmental allergies, to health and wellness boosters. All of our products are backed by a 100% guarantee! Create a FREE pet profile on my site, and see what recommendations we have to help you and your pet lead a long healthy life together!
Be sure to checkout their website for your fur-babies or fur-grandbabies.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!