Thursday morning weigh in with my extended family. I have been on Weight Watchers for years. I have lost more than 120 pounds and believe it is the best way to lose weight (for me). Is it an easy road? NO! Do I get frustrated? YES! Do I keep going? YES!
If you are on Weight Watchers, can you pick out those who are also adopting this way of life. No, it is not a diet but a change in the food we eat and the way we look at eating every day. Those of you on WW will understand today’s blog – see how many you can identify with…
1. Your friends know you always have snacks stashed in your purse (or in the car) just in case. Anyone need a carrot or a granola bar or maybe even a jerky stick?
2. You’re have a deeply committed relationship with your pedometer or your fit bit. Have you been known to do the happy dance when you hit your steps goal before sundown? Or maybe you have walked circles around your living room just to hit your goal before the clock strikes midnight?
3. You know exactly how many ounces of chicken fit in the palm of your hand. Or maybe you measure tablespoons by the tips of your thumb?
4. And you’ve figured out how to include exercise into every space you spend time in. Even at the doctor’s office — why not? Parking in the farthest spot away from the store or carrying one thing at a time up the stairs?
5. You’ve considered walking a few extra miles for wine…Yup, that’s me!
6. …or for a little reward when you deserve it the most. Keep the dessert and give me wine!
7. You have a special lightweight outfit set aside for your weigh-in day each week. Yup, been wearing the same type of outfit every week for weigh in FOREVER and never denim! Or maybe you have been known to change clothes once you weigh in?
8. You know the feeling of pure bliss after having all your work lunches figured out ahead of time.
9. You’ve grown accustomed to people asking “can you really eat that?” Yes, that’s chocolate chip cheesecake. And yes, you can have the recipe.
10. You find yourself doing things you thought were impossible effortlessly. Well, almost. Maybe the stairs are a little easier. Maybe you jog more instead of walk.
11. You find yourself talking to strangers about how amazing spaghetti squash really is. “It’s just like spaghetti. But it’s squash! No, really!” So guilty of this one and cauliflower rice!
12. Light whipped topping is basically your boyfriend at this point. You’ve found a million and one ways to use it, and you’re never gonna let it go.
13. More than anything, people can’t put their finger on what’s different about you… …but you look and feel great — of course they noticed!
Whether you are on Weight Watcher‘s or not, I’m sure you can identify at least a friend or two who fit one of these things.
How can you spot a fellow Weight Watcher?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!