“The fulfillment of God’s promise depends entirely on trusting God and his way, and then simply embracing him and what he does. God’s promise arrives as pure gift.” Romans 4:16 The Message
Sunday morning, a day to reflect, relax and recharge. This has been a busy week and I am feeling VERY blessed. Here are some of the things that I am thankful from this week:
- Hubby got a GREAT report from the Cardiologist. We are now ready to plan our first trip in a year. Hopefully, for my birthday in May to North Carolina
- Closed my first party of the month which put me within a stone’s throw of my personal PV for the month.
- I got another NEW recruit this week.
- I was able to get some extra hours at WAWA to help with some bills
- I got an extra day off with hubby to just enjoy each other’s company
- Helped launch my newest recruit with a Facebook party
- With the help of some AMAZING leaders at Weight Watchers, I am back to attending meetings and have the NEW plan. With just a little bit of work (I need to loose about 1.5 pounds), I will start maintenance next week (if I am at the doctor’s goal weight for me).
- Started my Vi Challenge with some AWESOME products with the help of my AMAZING daughter, Belinda
- Booked a May party to kick off the NEW Thirty One Summer catalog
Okay, so they all may be material things but these “material” things have helped to rely and trust on God more than I ever had in the past. I know it sounds crazy. I am a visual person and although I know that God blesses me EVERY DAY in some way, I need the visual once in awhile to truly EMBRACE all that he has for me. I know that I can’t be alone in this, right?
We trust every day – driving on the highway that a car won’t cross the line, flying in a plane that we won’t crash – yet when it comes to trusting God, we want more. I know that God wraps his arms around me every day, giving me comfort when I am weak and struggling. He helps me close the door on Satan when Debbie Doubtful and Negative Nellie come to call. He is that small voice inside my head when I reach for a piece of candy when I am not hungry. Why do I find it so hard to EMBRACE his blessings without the “material’ things?
EMBRACE is my word for the year because this is an ongoing struggle for me. Some days: I can’t seem to EMBRACE the new me – the thinner one that receives complements. I can’t seem to EMBRACE the unconditional love of my hubby when this independent, stubborn woman lashes out. I can’t seem to EMBRACE that I deserve God’s blessings. No, this is not a pity party, just some honest facts.
So, just for TODAY, I am trusting that God has a plan for me. He will guide me when I swerve off course as long as I EMBRACE his love and open my heart to all he has for me. Are you trusting and embracing God’s love and blessings for you and your family.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!