Yes, all of these items were in a past Thirty One catalog! We weren’t always just purses. We were all about the gifts. So, only have 2 more days till August 1st. Can you believe that the summer is half over? I mean where did July go, right?
At Thirty One, we are kicking off NEW Fall catalog. I know it is hard to think Fall when we are in the middle of a heat wave but give it a try. What are some of things that you have coming on in the next month? Vacation? Barbecues? Family gatherings? Is there any time in there for YOU to just take some me time?
August is a great time to have some girl time. I mean you have taken care of everyone else this summer so why not give yourself permission to enjoy yourself for just one night. Take a break between the summer madness and the back to school crunch. How about a Girl’s Night Out? Now, this could be at a local restaurant/bar or it could be in your home. What better way to get friends together then with a theme party, right? When you focus on the theme instead of on the product, it becomes more about your hostess and her guests then it does about you.
Here are a few summer themes along with a few tips to keep you partying through the month of August:
- Ice Cream Social Party – This is great for a Mom and Me party idea. The host provides some of the basic “fixin’s” for making sundaes – including edible bowls made out of ice cream cones (which you can buy at any grocery store) and let your guests go to it! Maybe even have your guests bring their favorite ice cream topping.
- Colorful Creations Party – This is a great party for moms who need a break but maybe don’t have child care. Lots of ways of doing this one. Create your own solar combination or let the kids pick out their own.
- Wine and Cheese Party – This is a popular one. Ask each guest to bring their favorite wine in a plain paper sack and have the host provide the cheese. Then do a “blind tasting” and let everyone vote. Whoever brought the winning wine wins a cool prize! I have done this with some interesting results.
- Pool or Patio Party – Why be cooped up inside or just limited to an evening. Use a large bowl or bucket full of ice to keep beverages cool and encourage your host to keep it simple with finger food and paper plates.
- Back Yard BBQ Party – I just received an invitation for one of these in the mail and loved the idea. Who doesn’t like a BBQ in the summer? After everyone’s eaten, they’ll be ready to hear about your products. This is great idea for at the park or at someone’s home.
Are you working during the week and have no time to party? Why not a trunk party? Hostess coach the same as you always do, then show up at the parking lot and let everyone shop during their lunch break. I love this one – quick and easy.
What fun themes are you offering your hostesses right now to increase attendance at their summer parties? Share them with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!