WOW! Five months ago I took a challenge from Vanessa Coppes to blog EVERY day for 30 days. After I started laughing because I thought for sure that I didn’t have the time, I was up for the challenge. Of course it comes with reservations on a daily basis that anyone wants to read what I have to say but I have to admit I do love blogging.
I know that I have written several times about blogging and each time I hope that there is a new tidbit of information that will help you along the way. Today’s tips are from the Sales Moms Network about blogging for your business:
- Organization: Keep it clean and organized. Considering I am a “hot mess” some days, this can be tough. Simply stay focused on several topics or categories so that your readers can find what they are interested in.
- Color Scheme and Layout: It should be easy on the eyes and appealing. I try to stay consistent in all of my color schemes on social media as well as in print. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a PINK and BLACK person. Make sure your layout is user friendly.
- Content: Relate the content of your posts to your business but DON’T just fill it with sales pitches and advertisements. Give your readers information. Share what you know or have learned.
- Graphics: When possible post pictures. I slack off of this sometimes but really need to get in the habit of having a picture of some kind in each blog.
- Engage Your Readers: Post a challenge, encourage them to share their ideas on a product or a topic. This takes time so don’t worry if no one is posting, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t reading your blog. Someone suggested running a contest so I think that will be something that I will kick off at the start of each Thirty One catalog season. Watch for details!!
- Back Up You Blog: WOW! This is a good reminder for me. I haven’t done this yet and I can’t imagine loosing 5 months worth of daily blogs. Note to self – BACK UP BLOGS TODAY!
- Consistency: To get people to read your blog you have to be consistent. Maybe daily is too much for you, how about weekly then – monthly may be too long to wait between postings to gather a following so be aware.
Believe it or not (I know I didn’t think it was possible), I can’t imagine a day without blogging. Who would have thought that a 30-day challenge would turn into a fun adventure. I love sharing tips about direct selling, my life’s journey and my walk with God in the hopes that it will inspire others. Have you thought about blogging? What are you waiting for? I challenge YOU to try it – set a goal for 30-days and see what happens. Who is ready for the challenge? Share your thoughts to encourage others…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!