Happy Monday Everyone! As we head into the final week of the NEW Fall selling season, have you thought PAST the end of the holiday season? Yes, I am talking about booking into the NEW year with a NEW catalog! As the holidays approach (only 92 days till Christmas), many of us will do 70% of our business during this time so we are booking, selling and recruiting with that goal in mind. Let’s take it one step further. Have you even considered a plan for what will happen in the new year. You know that dreaded “J-month” when sales drop despite the new catalog and for many of us, it is tough to get people back in the booking mode after the holiday. I know I can’t be alone in this, right? So, I have been looking for re-booking ideas. I would love to confidently re-book my current hostess as we are closing her current party for her next one, wouldn’t you?
Last January was a good month for me and my team due to a special Thirty One promotion. I would love to NOT have to consider customer or hostess specials when setting up my parties leading to a full calendar every month. I know, it sounds like a dream, right? Well, here are some tips that I found:
In a blog called “My Sales Tactics – Strategies that stick!”, here are 4 ideas:
- Turn you home parties into your own quirky and upbeat experience. Find a few signature features to turn your regular home parties into a customer experience. I have heard this before from JulieAnn Jones but have yet to find my nitch. Of course, the purse game has created a lot of excitement at most of my parties. Could that be it?
- Present yourself as the expert. The first time I did this, it was a little scary. I had a hostess tell me that she was going to text and email invitations, my response was that the party results may not be as strong. After telling her the benefits of snail mail invitations along with the enticement of a free gift (a $5 key fob), she quickly sent me her guest list to snail mail invitations.
- A full booked calendar, creates an air of urgency and importance. Of course, a steady income and sustained momentum helps too. I use calendar blocking which allows my potential hostess to see my full month. Green dots on dates mean that I am available, pink X’s mean that I am booked already while I use scratch offs to encourage double booking dates when I have daytime vendor events. My calendar looks full and guides hostesses to dates that work for me.
- The best time to re-book a Hostess is when you close out a current party. WOW, I wish I could do this. Even when a hostess has had an AWESOME party receiving lots of FREE product, I haven’t found the best way for ME to approach this. I know that it would help to keep my calendar full months in advance so I am on a mission to step out of my comfort zone for this one and try some new things. Any ideas that work for you that you are willing to share?
- Be yourself! Thirty One has helped me to grow and learn who I am so this gets easier with every party. It has helped me to find out who I am BESIDES “Mom”, “Wife”, “daughter”, “employee”, etc.. you know all of those hates that you wear – just to be ME!
Share your ideas and let us know what has worked for you. Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!